Sunday, April 17, 2011

being a servant

There is nothing more in the world I want for my boys than for them to have a servant's heart. To serve others all over the world just like Jesus did, proclaiming the Good News to everyone they meet. To listen to God and be obedient to His calling, wherever that may take them. The first Resurrection Egg we opened was the story of Jesus washing His disciples feet. God in the flesh washing sinful human feet. The best way to bring this story home with them was to have them wash each other's feet, and so they did. I think these pictures are beautiful...they enjoyed it and even WANTED to wash mine and Jason's feet too. But to me there is so much more to these pictures than what meet's the eye. To them they are getting their feet wet and playing with water...to me it is a representation of all of the prayers Jason and I have lifted up on their behalf. God, soften their hearts so that they will go out and tangibly do this for others in Your name. Help them to lead radical lives for You and be servants to Your children all around the world.





4 comments:

Kaki said...

What precious parents these boys have! They will reap from what you've sewn for the rest of their lives.

Jennifer said...

So sweet. I second what Kaki said. You are building a beautiful, faithful legacy for them. Good for you!

because HE first loved us said...

This is beautiful, and adorable! We have had our students in our youth ministry do this with each other, and then everyone says positive things about the person who's feet are being washed. We also did it with my husbands family while on vacation at the beach (he is one of 10 kids, so it took awhile.. but none of us will ever forget it!). What a beautiful idea for your children, I totally need to remember this for the future!

Unknown said...

You both are wonderful parents, and are teaching your children to love in so many ways. You are an inspirition to me. Love you and Blessings Always