Thursday, April 28, 2011

remembering easter


We had a wonderful Easter weekend! On Saturday, we drove up to Gainesville to be with Nana, Grangoat, Brad & Nova. We took the boys to the park, hunted Easter eggs, ate a wonderful fajita dinner and watched Despicable Me.

Here's Elijah trying to knock an Easter egg down from the tree.






Here's Elijah at the park, and if you'll look to the right of him, you'll see the boys' names on one of the wooden slats. Nana & Grangoat helped build the park so the boys' names are there! Pretty cool!

Judah was totally scaring me on this thing, but that's how it goes with him!

Oh yeah, and did I mention that while we were there it started hailing, the tornado sirens started going off and the news said the rotating clouds were RIGHT ABOVE THE HOUSE!!! So...we all hid in the hall under mattresses. Wrong! What fun would that be! :-) We all ran outside to check it out of course!

There were some pretty scary clouds but thankfully nothing ever touched down! We made a break for home shortly after this and missed more incoming storms.

-----------------------------------------------------
On Sunday afternoon, we had the great pleasure of having Easter lunch with our new friends, the Tucker's. We really enjoyed it...thanks again guys!

We let the kids have another mini-egg hunt in their backyard. Jason and Lanny did a really good job actually hiding all of the eggs! At the end, they were trying to find a few that they apparently hid from themselves! :-)


The Tucker girls: Eden, Jordan and Kezia


The best I could get of my boys. Judah actually looks very angry at me - watch out!

All 5 kids...I am very proud of this picture, they're all looking!

And lastly, the kids opening all of their eggs to see what they got!

Of course we opened our last Resurrection Egg on Easter morning. The boys thoroughly enjoyed this new tradition, and by the end of the 12 days when I asked Judah why we celebrate Easter, he said "Cause Jesus rolled the stone away"! That is so right...praise Him!

1 comment:

Kaki said...

It makes me so happy to read your blogs! I feel like I am right there participating with you all in your activities, even though I can't be there. You have always been a great writer!! I love you all!