Wednesday, April 20, 2011

flashback

To the 80's

The roller skating birthday party we went to this past Saturday night for sweet Eden took me right back to my elementary/junior high days. I LOVED roller skating with my friends {and I was pretty good too} - turns out my boys' first time to roller skate was a hit with them as well!


They both started off with these "helper bars" for the first 30 mins - 1 hour. Elijah brought his own skates that we just recently picked up at Goodwill for $5, and believe it or not they had teeny tiny skates there in Judah's size.

And boy, was he SO CUTE! After he decided he didn't "need" the bar anymore, Daddy walked beside him with his hand on his back.

Pretty soon Judah started pushing his hand away telling Jason he could do it himself and not to touch him. Well excuse me, you little fireball! :-) He held his own though and only fell a small handful of times. I was very impressed with him!

Elijah did well too. It took him a little longer to gain confidence without the bar {maybe because he needs a little more balance since he's not quite as close to the ground as his baby brother}.

But after a little help from Jason around the rink {with Micah on the other arm - Jason got quite the workout this evening}, he took off! And apparently I got no pictures of that since I'm such a great mother and all. :-) Must have forgotten. They both loved it so much that they want to have a skating party NEXT year, you know, since I already have THIS year's party planned. Maybe next year, boys...we'll just have to keep practicing until then.

On Sunday I captured ONE picture of our kite flying adventure.

That's probably because as I was taking this picture I was getting in the car to run home to get tape to fix Elijah's kite that had already broken after 5 minutes. Then when I got back and had it all taped up, his kite cut Judah's kite's string while they were both in the air, breaking it, {which left Judah in a puddle of tears} and then a big gust ripped Elijah's away and we never saw it again. Oh well, it was REALLY FUN for the 15 minutes it lasted. And it's a good thing Walmart has kites for $1. I'm thinking Easter is on Sunday...cha-ching.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So glad the boys had so much fun! Eden really had a great time and loved that you all were there :) Love your photos! Maybe we can do a family skate date!

Anonymous said...

So.....where are Jason's skates?