Friday, May 20, 2011

another year bites the dust

Another preschool year for me and Judah, that is. Yesterday was our last day of the school year...I really think this was the fastest school year in HISTORY! I can't believe it's already over. I had a great co-teacher, made some great new friends and had a wonderful class of kiddos. It will be hard to settle into the laziness of summertime, but I'm sure it won't take us long to adjust. :-) Elijah still has 2 more weeks though. Let me introduce you to some important people at this little preschool of mine!

Sweet new friends from this year: Katie, me, Suzy and Kim

Lori and I. We taught together my first two years at this school and now she is my department lead! She rocked and did a fantastic job (like I knew she would), but I did miss teaching with her. Oh, and did I mention we've been close friends since the 5th grade?!?! :-)

Judah's wonderful teachers: Ms Crystal and Ms Jessica
Thank you for loving on my boy this year - he adores both of you!

This was my partner in crime this year, my co-teacher LeeAnn. LOVED teaching with her and am so glad I had the privilege to become her friend. She is a jewel! We had a blast together!

My friend, Shei, our preschool music teacher. This was her LAST year after teaching music here for 5 years!!! We are all going to miss her so much!

So, I got some very sweet gifts from my students. Like this amazing made-from-scratch cake that we had after dinner tonight. Yum!

The sweetest gift of all though, was that LeeAnn organized for all of the parents to give money toward our adoption...since we are still needing money for our second trip. I walked out on the last day of school with enough money for 1/3 to 1/2 of a plane ticket!!!! I am in awe of the generosity of my sweet parents and of LeeAnn. I know I've already thanked all of you, but THANK YOU again!!! The body of Christ is such a gift. Our baby girl is lucky to be so loved. And my God is the God of provision! What a wonderful way to end the year!

1 comment:

Shei said...

oh, friend, how i love you!