Wednesday, May 25, 2011

how are we doing? {adoption update}

We are doing pretty good. Really.

We live in a microwave society. We want things quick and NOW! We have trouble waiting on something as small as our food orders sometimes. But God is teaching me through this adoption what it means to truly wait on HIM.

The first week after we found out we were going to have to wait another 2-3 months for a referral was pretty rough to be honest. I like to plan things out {I mean, who doesn't?}, and in my planning we were going to get a referral anywhere from March 1st to May 1st {8-10 months just like we were told}. Adoptions very rarely go like you plan. We were told this from the beginning and now we really and truly know this firsthand. And you know, now I am beginning to be more and more okay with that. After I readjusted my expectations for sometime this summer and let that settle for a few days, I feel very peaceful about the whole thing. Some things are actually making me think that this whole delay is for a reason. God is up to something and I think it's big. Just to keep it real though, if in about 2-3 months we are told we're going to have to wait ANOTHER 2-3 months, I'll throw ANOTHER hissy fit for about a week...and then I'll be okay AGAIN. :-) Let's just pray that doesn't happen!

In the meantime, we are gearing up for a fun summer! I am really going to try and enjoy these precious boys by themselves this summer because it will {hopefully} be their last one alone. Elijah only has a little over a week left of school and in that amount of time he is on a Ranger's game field trip today, has field day on Friday, his awards program and end of school party next week. I am having a {small} garage sale this Friday and Sat morning {let me reiterate SMALL}...whew, I could NOT do what we did last October again! :-) Our neighborhood is having a garage sale this weekend so it's already advertised and everything...I'm hoping to make a few more hundred dollars for our plane tickets.

Judah is happy to be eating popsicles to get ready for summertime! Wow, he is Mr. Teeth in this picture. The dentist said one time that he has quite the canines! :-)


And following Elijah's last day of school, our line-up for the summer break is:
Two weeks of working & going to Summer Spectacular at our church, Jason is turning 30 -yikes!, Camp of the Hills the last week in June - I'll turn 31 while there, a small trip by myself to visit my sweet friend Misty & her twin babies in San Antonio, a new nephew/cousin in early July, swim lessons, gymnastics, hopefully lots of playdates & swimming, reading books, working on math with Elijah {ick}, another trip to Camp of the Hills the first week in August with some friends {Elijah will be in heaven going TWO weeks this summer!} and let's throw a REFERRAL in there somewhere and it looks like it's going to be a fun yet relaxing summer vacation!

Thanks to all who have been asking how we are doing with the adoption delay and for all who are keeping us and our daughter in your prayers. We really appreciate the support!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Everytime I see you i want to ask how things are going. LOL Then I realize... duh I need to read your blog! I tis so hard to be patient for something you want so badly. I cannot wait to hear the great news this summer that you got your referral. And I know Ava is so excited for you!!!